Add a two-level board to this forum

Owen Densmore
In my options menu, as owner of a couple of lists, there is an entry:
  Add a two-level board to this forum

What does that mean?  Is it a way to integrate a mail list with a true forum.  Do you have a "user manual" of some sort to tell us the wonders of nabble2 .. it certainly is very interesting, thanks!

   -- Owen

Re: Add a two-level board to this forum

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
Owen Densmore wrote
In my options menu, as owner of a couple of lists, there is an entry:
  Add a two-level board to this forum

What does that mean?
It does sound unclear. It means to add a parent to your current forum. And the parent will be set to the format of a bulletin board category page.

So, suppose you have a forum, and you want to create a sibling forum, you can add a parent first, then edit the parent, then create a subforum under the parent. It's basically a bottom-up way of expanding your forum.

Owen Densmore wrote
Is it a way to integrate a mail list with a true forum.
Your mailing list archive is already a "true" forum. Users can use it as a mailing list, or they can go to your archive and read and post there. Their web posts will be forwarded to the mailing list, so emails and web posting are always in synch. Of course, the web poster must register with Nabble and then subscribe to your mailing list or their web post will be rejected as non-subscriber post.

Owen Densmore wrote
Do you have a "user manual" of some sort to tell us the wonders of nabble2 .. it certainly is very interesting, thanks!
We have a "Help" page http://n2.nabble.com/help/Index.jtp and this support forum. As for manual, we don't. But we may add one later.