Add Apache Cayenne Lists on Nabble as forums.

Add Apache Cayenne Lists on Nabble as forums.

Joseph Schmidt
Please add the Apache Cayenne mailing lists here as forums to be able to post too (I mean the user and the developer list):

From your "wizard pages" I can't figure out how to correctly do it :(.

There are other Apache.org lists that work just well from Nabble. It's just a pity that Cayenne isn't covered :(.

Thanks
Joseph.

Re: Add Apache Cayenne Lists on Nabble as forums.

Graham Perrin
Hi Joseph

Nabble home page includes a reference to the Old Nabble1 Catalog but it's easily overlooked (especially by newcomers, who have zero knowledge of the old way ;)

What you seek is probably amongst the results at
<http://www.nabble.com/forum/Search.jtp?query=cayenne&fsearch=y>.

See also <http://www.nabble.com/Apache-f90.html> and <http://www.nabble.com/Java-Software-f787.html>; we see a path to Cayenne (defined by the owners of the fora, not defined by Nabble):

Java Software : Apache Incubator : JPA : Cayenne

Registration for old Nabble

For the Apache-related fora in new Nabble (a.k.a. n2.nabble.com) your current registration should be good.

For the fora in old Nabble, you may need to register separately on the old system.

Hope that helps.

Regards
Graham

How to gain a Nabble interface to a traditional mailing list

Graham Perrin
For future reference, if you wish to add a Nabble interface to an existing mailing list:

Nabble | Help | Mailing List Owners | How do I add my mailing list to Nabble archive?

Whilst the instructions are directed at the owners of a list, it's equally possible for any normal user of the list to create a relevant forum in Nabble.

That said, it's good practice to liaise with your list owners before you do so; you may find (as we have found here) that there already exists a matching forum.

Re: Add Apache Cayenne Lists on Nabble as forums.

Graham Perrin
Graham Perrin wrote
… a path to Cayenne …

Java Software : Apache Incubator : JPA : Cayenne
Sorry, I misread the old interface. What's above is not breadcrumb trail, it's a list of four parents. Lucky child, is all I can say.

The breadcrumb trail in the old Nabble catalogue is:

Re: Add Apache Cayenne Lists on Nabble as forums.

Joseph Schmidt
Graham Perrin wrote
> The breadcrumb trail in the old Nabble catalogue is:
Thank you very much for the hint.

The search on Nabble didn't returned me that list :(.

It would be nice if those lists would be "simply" available and not hidden.

I also miss some sort of "favorites" - it used to be present in Nabble before.

Thanks,
Joseph.

Re: Add Apache Cayenne Lists on Nabble as forums.

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
jschmidt wrote
The search on Nabble didn't returned me that list :(.
There is a old Nabble (Nabble1 still available at http://www.nabble.com/freeforums.html) and a new Nabble (nabble2, the current). We are moving Nabble1 slowly into Nabble2.

jschmidt wrote
I also miss some sort of "favorites" - it used to be present in Nabble before.
Go to: http://www.nabble.com/Cayenne-f2412.html If you have a old Nabble1 account, just log in, and you still see your favorites and stuff. In other words, the old stuff exist. In n2, the favorites feature is replaced by the flag feature.

Re: Add Apache Cayenne Lists on Nabble as forums.

Joseph Schmidt
Will <Nabble> wrote
jschmidt wrote
The search on Nabble didn't returned me that list :(.
There is a old Nabble (Nabble1 still available at http://www.nabble.com/freeforums.html) and a new Nabble (nabble2, the current). We are moving Nabble1 slowly into Nabble2.
I hope you migrate the Apache lists (and cayenne especially) first :) .

Will <Nabble> wrote
jschmidt wrote
I also miss some sort of "favorites" - it used to be present in Nabble before.
Go to: http://www.nabble.com/Cayenne-f2412.html If you have a old Nabble1 account, just log in, and you still see your favorites and stuff. In other words, the old stuff exist.
I don't have an old account, but on that old page, there's a "register" link. It looks however that it is the registration for the new forum.

Will <Nabble> wrote
In n2, the favorites feature is replaced by the flag feature.
A bigger icon would be nice. With it's gray color, I didn't even noticed it :).
Also the flagged forums should be accessible simpler with fewer clicks (it was a nice ajax loaded combobobx in the past). Now it requires several steps to get there:
1. go to nabble.com
2. click on your account name -> the account details is displayed
3. Near the names a flag is displayed. Click on it -> a page with the flagged issues is displayed
4. Click on the desired forum from the list of flagged forums/messages
5. only now the user lands to the destignation

I think this is by no means a progress :).
As I saw at a friend, with the previous Nabble, it ment just to select from a combobox :).

Thanks,
Joseph.