AdSense Error

Re: AdSense Error

Pedro
Are you seeing many ad request errors in your site?

Re: AdSense Error

Harvey
Yes. I've had 2000 in the last 4 days.

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 10:13 PM, Pedro <Nabble> [via Nabble Support] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Are you seeing many ad request errors in your site?

http://support.nabble.com/AdSense-Error-tp7582856p7582857.html
To unsubscribe from AdSense Error, click here.
NAML

--
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NYSkiBlog
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nyskiblog
NY Ski Directory: directory.NYSkiBlog.com

Re: AdSense Error

Pedro
I did the article's suggestion. But you have to edit the footer ad also, please replace this code:
/* Leaderboard (NYSB) */
google_ad_slot = "8704680141";
google_ad_width = 728;
google_ad_height = 90;
with this:
/* Leaderboard (NYSB) */
google_ad_slot = "8704680141";
google_ad_width = 728;
google_ad_height = 90;
google_page_url="http://forum.nyskiblog.com/"
Let me know if it gets better.

Re: AdSense Error

Harvey
It looks like the error is coming from the adds within the nabble frame.  The NYSB ad is outside the iframe.  The one inside is now called (Forum).

I REALLY want to get this fixed asap. I was doing pretty well before this happened.

Re: AdSense Error

Pedro
I fixed those from nabble. I mean, I follow the article, I've changed your ad sense code, now you have to let me know if it is still happening.

Re: AdSense Error

Harvey
I'm not sure I understand.

It looks like you are supposed to enter the specific URL of the page the ad is served on and I don't know how to do that.

When I saw the error I created another ad unit so I could tell if it was my ad position outside the iframe (NYSB) or inside (Forum). The error is the one on the inside.

If you think what we did was right then we should make the change on all 3 apps.

Re: AdSense Error

Pedro
I put the specific URL of the page where the ad is served on at your inside ad. I think it is the first logical try.
Is there any way to see if it really worked? Can you measure if the request errors are decreasing?

Re: AdSense Error

Harvey
I will give it a day to see if the error goes away:

Did you make the change for all three apps?

Re: AdSense Error

Pedro
No, I'll do it now.

Re: AdSense Error

Pedro
Done.

Re: AdSense Error

Harvey
The error is still there but the rejected requests doesn't seem to be rising.

The thing that concerns me is this:

google_page_url = "http://myurl.com/fullpath";

the full path part. We are only using the root domain?

Re: AdSense Error

Pedro
I'm not so sure, but I think so. I was waiting to see if the error is still happening. Do you no if the number  that is showing now is related with previous errors?

Re: AdSense Error

Harvey
I have no idea.

The numbers seems to be decreasing.

Does it matter if the outer page on the iframe is "no index?"

Re: AdSense Error

Pedro
How about the numbers today? I'm trying to understand how this can happen.

Re: AdSense Error

Harvey
Latest numbers:

Re: AdSense Error

Pedro
I'll try another way to see if it gets better.

Re: AdSense Error

I've put the full path now, please, let me know the numbers tomorrow.

Re: AdSense Error

Harvey
Numbers have not changed from those above.

Re: AdSense Error

Pedro
That's strange, because the cause of bad requests is when google doesn't find a page to crawl to use its contextual ad. That's why we are giving your exact url.
How about the numbers today?