Account deleted

Lily Hills
I got an email that said my account was deleted even though I was up to date on my postings.  I got an email
saying:

Dear user,

Your Nabble site "Forum" has been deleted.

You can download a backup of this site from the link below.
Nabble will try to keep this backup available for a few months, but this is not guaranteed.
If this content is important to you, save this copy as soon as possible.

Then I went to login and it said it did not recognize my email
So I resigned up so I could post here because it would not let me post without logging in (but again my account was deleted on their end).  So how do I reinstate and how do I repost to my page?

Re: Account deleted

GregChapman
Here's what often happens...

Someone will create a forum with the email address they then used and got their browser to save the login details, so they don't log in afresh in many months, relying on the pre-filled fields on the login screen.

At some point they change their email address but do not change the address on the forum.

Some time later, perhaps after a change of computer, or some glitch on their old one, they get logged out.

Forgetting that they used a different address they attempt to login with their current address and find themselves "locked out".

The fact that you report getting an email saying your forum is deleted suggests this isn't exactly what has happened to you. So, in your case, I wonder if there's been a change of password which you failed to remember about rather than a change of address.

Have you tried to use the "Forget your password" link and completed the form using the address to which the deletion notification was sent? What was the result?

As to the point about needing to sign up again to post here, that is no surprise at all. It will be worth reading "My Nabble Account" - Why That's Wrong Thinking on my Help site.

Re: Account deleted

Lily Hills
Thank you so much Greg!  I appreciate your support.  Strangely it said that I didn't even have
an email with Nabble, so couldn't get a new password.  I then resigned up with the same
username and password to post on the site, but haven't yet confirmed because I realized
this may mess with reinstating my old forum and all of the posts...  Is there any way
to contact Nabble directly?  So frustrating!  It literally came out of  nowhere..

Re: Account deleted

GregChapman
Lily Hills wrote
Strangely it said that I didn't even have an email with Nabble, so couldn't get a new password.
I then resigned up with the same username and password to post on the site,
I am very confused by what you say.
What forum were you visiting when you said "Strangely it said" and which forum are you referring to when you said "post on the site". Did you really sign up again (and to which one) or did you simply register on a different forum using the same details as on another?

Bear in mind that "Nabble Support" bears no relation to you own forum and both will require separate registrations - although you can use idendical usernames, email addresses and passwords on each - in just the same way that you can register accounts with numerous different on-line shops with exactly the same details.

The post at the link I provided earlier should have explained this.
Is there any way to contact Nabble directly?  So frustrating!  It literally came out of  nowhere..
This is the correct place to get support from one of the Nabble team. However, they are not going to be able to help until you post the URL  (best done complete with the http:// part) of the forum with which you have a problem. Your registration on Nabble Support appears to be fine!

Re: Account deleted

Lily Hills
Thank you so much Greg!  I will try to be more clear.

My prior Forum (which has disappeared) was at this url:  http://master-your-mind-master-your-weight.2339107.n4.nabble.com/

In order to post on the support forum, since my account, including my email and password, were deleted, I signed up
for an account again with Nabble again using the same username and password from my old account.

What I'd like is my old account reinstated with all of the affiliated posts.

Does this make more sense?  So very grateful for your support.

Have a joy filled day...

Lily

On Thursday, June 28, 2018 2:54 AM, GregChapman [via Nabble Support] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Lily Hills wrote
[...]

Just a Volunteer Nabble Helper - because the nice folk at Nabble have helped me!
GregHelp - Building a set of answers to Nabble FAQs.

http://support.nabble.com/Account-deleted-tp7600825p7600843.html
To unsubscribe from Account deleted, click here.
NAML

Re: Account deleted

GregChapman
Lily Hills wrote
Thank you so much Greg!  I will try to be more clear.
My prior Forum (which has disappeared) was at this url:  http://master-your-mind-master-your-weight.2339107.n4.nabble.com/
Doh!
Now I realise I should also have suggested that you upload the backup file that was mentioned in the Nabble email that you quoted from in your original post in this topic.

Supplying that file makes it easiest for Nabble to restore your forum. If the forum has been dead for more than a few days Nabble may no longer have a copy themselves.

Re: Account deleted

Lily Hills
Thank you Greg!  I so appreciate your support!

Here is the link:

http://n4.nabble.com/backups/site_2339107_1868345973.zip

Thank you!

Re: Account deleted

Raven<Nabble>
Hi Lily,
I have restored your forum.

Re: Account deleted

Lily Hills
Thank you so much Raven!  I appreciate your support!   Do you know why it happened?  I want to avoid
another problem if possible!

Have a joy filled day...

Lily

Eating Psychology Expert, Award Winning Author and Corporate Wellness Trainer

On Friday, June 29, 2018 12:41 AM, "Raven<Nabble> [via Nabble Support]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Lily,
I have restored your forum.

http://support.nabble.com/Account-deleted-tp7600825p7600854.html
To unsubscribe from Account deleted, click here.
NAML

Re: Account deleted

Lily Hills
Hi Raven!  I just went into my forum and only about a third of it has been restored... :(  Can the rest please
be restored?  I'd be deeply grateful!

Have a joy filled day...

Lily

Eating Psychology Expert, Award Winning Author and Corporate Wellness Trainer

Author of The Body Love Manual - #1 Amazon Bestseller
How to Love the Body You Have As You Create the Body You Want -
WINNER USA Book News National Best Books Award in Health,
Diet and Weight Loss!

A work of monumental importance to modern women everywhere."  Juliette Frette - The Examiner

Available on Amazon.com

On Friday, June 29, 2018 12:41 AM, "Raven<Nabble> [via Nabble Support]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Lily,
I have restored your forum.

http://support.nabble.com/Account-deleted-tp7600825p7600854.html
To unsubscribe from Account deleted, click here.
NAML

Re: Account deleted

Raven<Nabble>
What is missing from your forum?

Re: Account deleted

Lily Hills
I had at least triple that amount of posts...

Elizabeth Hills

http://support.nabble.com/Account-deleted-tp7600825p7600889.html
To unsubscribe from Account deleted, click here.
NAML

Re: Account deleted

Lily Hills
Hi Raven! Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.  I had about triple that amount of posts...

I"ve had the forum for over 3 years....

Thank you so much for your help!

Elizabeth Hills

Eating Psychology Expert, Award Winning Author and Corporate Wellness Trainer

Author of The Body Love Manual - #1 Amazon Bestseller
How to Love the Body You Have As You Create the Body You Want -
WINNER USA Book News National Best Books Award in Health,
Diet and Weight Loss!

A work of monumental importance to modern women everywhere."  Juliette Frette - The Examiner

Available on Amazon.com

On Tuesday, July 3, 2018 9:39 PM, "Raven<Nabble> [via Nabble Support]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

What is missing from your forum?

http://support.nabble.com/Account-deleted-tp7600825p7600889.html
To unsubscribe from Account deleted, click here.
NAML

Re: Account deleted

Raven<Nabble>
Hi Lily, unfortunately there is nothing we can do in this case. The backup that was restored is all we have.
To prevent this happening again in future, you should login to your forum regularly to keep it active.

Re: Account deleted

Lily Hills
Raven I always login whenever I'm sent a message suggesting I have waited too long.  This
came out of the blue!  Please can you try to retrieve?  That was tremendous work putting it together...

Have a joy filled day...

Elizabeth Hills

http://support.nabble.com/Account-deleted-tp7600825p7600912.html
To unsubscribe from Account deleted, click here.
NAML

Re: Account deleted

Raven<Nabble>
Sorry Lily, but that backup is all we have, I can't find anything else.

Re: Account deleted

Lily Hills
Will you please search again!  There were many more!

http://support.nabble.com/Account-deleted-tp7600825p7600942.html
To unsubscribe from Account deleted, click here.
NAML

Re: Account deleted

GregChapman
Hi Lily,
Lily Hills wrote
Will you please search again!  There were many more!
It's too late for you, but this post on Restoring A Deleted Forum might help others reading this topic.

Re: Account deleted

Lily Hills
Thanks Greg... I appreciate your guidance very much!

On Tuesday, July 10, 2018 2:10 AM, GregChapman [via Nabble Support] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Lily,
Lily Hills wrote

http://support.nabble.com/Account-deleted-tp7600825p7600946.html