Access request form doesn't submit in some browsers

Access request form doesn't submit in some browsers

Bijoux
I'm making a new thread for this issue, which I raised in this thread, because the old thread was getting too complex and full of other issues. And because it's heating up for me as I ask some folks to test my new private forum.

The Request Access form for private forums does not submit in Firefox or in Safari. The page just sits there after the button is clicked rather than displaying the "Request sent successfully" message, and the private forum's owner doesn't receive any message. The only browsers I've found in which it does submit successfully are IE7 and Google Chrome.

Re: Access request form doesn't submit in some browsers

Steve Diamond
Oops. I meant to post this under my real identity, not that test account. Same guy. Sorry for any confusion. Obviously, I'm still testing the private forum access features.

Request Access, with an explanation entered in the form: no problem in Safari 3.2.1 or OmniWeb-5.6-v613

Graham Perrin
The Request Access form for private forums does not submit in Firefox or in Safari. The page just sits there after the button is clicked rather than displaying the "Request sent successfully" message, and the private forum's owner doesn't receive any message.
Did you enter an explanation before clicking Send Request?

Are pop-ups blocked? If no explanation is entered, a pop-up must be allowed:

I tested with two WebKit-based browsers and found no problem:

1) Safari 3.2.1 (525.27.1) on Windows XP

2) OmniWeb-5.6 on Mac OS X 10.5.6
Tag: OmniWeb-5.6-v613
Date: 2007-10-24 15:19:00 -0700
Builder: rachael
Host: tb104i.private.omnigroup.com
Revision: 93354

Both requests were received by the forum owner.

For this test, <http://n2.nabble.com/private---test-f2295809.html> is my sandpit.

Re: Request Access, with an explanation entered in the form: no problem in Safari 3.2.1 or OmniWeb-5.6-v613

Steve Diamond
I'll have to get the details from the user who reported this to me. I don't use Safari myself. All I know right now is that it was on a Mac.

Thanks.

Re: Access request form doesn't submit in some browsers

Hugo (Nabble)
Hi Steve,

This bug has been fixed.
Please check your forum and let me know if you still see the problem.

Regards,
Hugo Teixeira