AOL.COM emails from Nabble

ClaudeMobetta
This post was updated on .
Hi -  http://loa-computer-help-plus.2634207.n2.nabble.com/

I recently went from aol desktop 9.7e -
To aol.com - More stable...

But for some strange reason - every time any one posts on my Nabble LOA site -
Nabble sends a copy of the post - to my aol email - annoying
This never happen with aol desktop???

On one of the emails from Nabble said to unsubscribe click here - I clicked it
but rather than unsubscribing - it confirmed subscribing???

Can you do any thing on your end or tell me what I can do to stop the emails?
Thanks fer any - Claude

Re: AOL.COM emails from Nabble

GregChapman
Hi Claude,

As you know, I know nothing of AOL, but as far as I know nothing has changed recently with Nabble that will affect subscribing.

I have never used the facility that allows you to subscribe to an individual topic. The screen shot you show indicates that you have just subscribed to the topic "Free download W10". It is possible you have uncovered some bug in that part of the system. I will do some tests and see if I can duplicate what you describe because, as far as I know, the only way to subscribe to an individual topic is while composing a message. You need to check the box "Alert me by email when someone posts to the thread". Is it possible that you have set a default in your new browser that would leave that check box always ticked?

Some further background...
If you subscribe at the top level of a forum you will receive posts made anywhere in the forum by email.
It is also possible to subscribe to a number of individual sub-forums.
You can also subscribe to individual topics.
It is also possible to take out multiple subscriptions, for example for both a sub-forum and a topic.

As you report getting mail from a number of topics, that suggests you have subscribed to the top level forum. You need to check and report on exactly what you are subscribed to. For the entire forum and individual sub-forums, you can select "Options" and the first option on the menu will tell you.  Either it will show "Subscribe via email" if you are not subscribed or it will show "Your subscription: xxxx (edit)" (where xxxx is the name of the forum or sub-forum concerned). The "edit" link will take you to a screen where you can unsubscribe.

Re: AOL.COM emails from Nabble

GregChapman
Oops!  Silly me!

Of course, you can also subscribe to an individual topic,in the same way as a forum or sub-forum - by clicking "Options" and selecting "Subscribe via email" there.

Re: AOL.COM emails from Nabble

ClaudeMobetta
This post was updated on .
Greg -

Let me First thank you for all your help to me and many others --

As you said:
OK so I went to Options and open first on the list Email
Here is what I got - anything I should change?

As far as my browser ius concerned -
Would that be under Properties?
Don't see any thing in there about emails...

I love Nabble - My site works great - But I probably messed something up - but what?

BTW: Greg -

I did a test:
Started a new Topic and the "ALERT ME" box was already checked?
Never was before? - Had to put a check there - to Alert me before...

Maybe that's it..
What do you think?

Claude

Thanks again - Claude

Claude

Re: AOL.COM emails from Nabble

Hi Claude,

I have just subscribed to this topic. I clicked on "Options > Subscribe via email" and got a screen like this:

Confim Subscription?
I clicked the "Save Subscription" button and got a screen like this:
Subscription Confirmed

Re: AOL.COM emails from Nabble

Hi Claude,

That screen tells you you are not subscribed to your main forum yet. If you don't want any mails then back out by clicking the "Cancel" link.

Re: AOL.COM emails from Nabble

Hi Claude,
ClaudeMobetta wrote
Started a new Topic and the "ALERT ME" box was already checked?
Never was before? - Had to put a check there - to Alert me before...

Maybe that's it..
What do you think?
I'm sure that's it!
But I have no idea why your new browser is doing that. It is not happening to me on any of the browsers I use.

Re: AOL.COM emails from Nabble

GregChapman
Hi Claude,

I am now getting emails for this topic as each post is made. My mail program shows this in the footer of one I have just received:

Mail footer
and when I click the "Unsubscribe" link, I get a screen like this:

Message that lies!
which is highly misleading, but is the truth, as when I check the "Options" link for the topic it has returned to the non-subscriber version "Subs-scribe via email".

I am not sure how you got the result you did, but it does look as if you may have subscribed yourself to a number of your topics and now need to unsubscribe from each of them individually.