ADs On Sites

ClaudeMobetta
Hello -

If I choose to only show ads to Non Registered -
would a Registered User have to LOG IN to get rid  of the ads
or does Nabble recognized MY REGISTERED USERS
and automacitally remove ads to Registered Users.
Thanks fer any - Claude

Re: ADs On Sites

ClaudeMobetta
Also -

Do ads download unwanted garbage -
Anyone have a site with ads - I'd like to see the ads...

Thanks - Claude

Re: ADs On Sites

GregChapman
Visit5 http://www.nabble.com and take a look at almost any of the sample sites or use some search terms to find sites. Very few forum owners pay to remove ads, so most will show adverts.

Bear in mind that Google AdSense is highly personalised so the ads that you see are likely to relate to google searches you have recently made or terms found in any Gmail messages passing through a gmail account you use. Others will see very different ads.

Re: ADs On Sites

ClaudeMobetta
Thanks Greg-
But still wondering if  a Registered User of my site would have to LOG IN to get rid  of the ads
or does Nabble recognized my REGISTERED USERS automatically ???
Again Thanks - Claude

Re: ADs On Sites

GregChapman
I am not an expert on ads and registered users, but my belief is that a forum either has ads or the owner pays to have them removed. Pedro will be able to tell you if things can be altered to remove ads only from registered users.

Re: ADs On Sites

ClaudeMobetta
Hi Greg -

I know how to buy credits to remove ads -
But still wondering if  a Registered User of my site would have to LOG IN to get rid  of the ads
or does Nabble or my site recognized my REGISTERED USERS automatically ???

Thanks again - Claude

Re: ADs On Sites

GregChapman
Hi Claude,

Nabble can only recognise a user as  they login.

Before you login you are treated as a user belonging only to the "Anyone" group

Once you login you become recognised as belonging to any additional groups the system or the administrator have added you to.

Re: ADs On Sites

ClaudeMobetta
Thanks Greg -

Understand -