A post arising from e-mail (SMTP) can not be edited within Nabble

A post arising from e-mail (SMTP) can not be edited within Nabble

Graham Perrin
This post was updated on .
At <http://n2.nabble.com/A-decision-to-take-the-plunge%2C-to-guide-a-group-move-to-Chandler-Hub-tp1687927p1687927.html> in List view

1) topic was originated by me using Nabble UI

2) reply was posted by me using Nabble UI

3) third item <http://n2.nabble.com/A-decision-to-take-the-plunge%2C-to-guide-a-group-move-to-Chandler-Hub-tp1687927p1694876.html> was the product of an SMTP to list and then in Nabble I opted it to move it to (2).

(1) and (2) are editable but (3) is not.

Is edition unavailable as a result of

a) the post being a product of SMTP to list

b) a guess, the post having attachments

c) the move within Nabble?

I am creator of the forum.

Re: a moved post can not be edited

Hugo <Nabble>
Posts sent through email cannot be edited.
We are working on this problem and may have a solution soon.

Regards,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com

Re: a moved post can not be edited

waynewalter
Has any progress been made on this? It's very irksome. I can't even edit my own posts there I sent through email nor anyone else's in my forum.  Please fix as soon as you can.

Wayne

Re: a moved post can not be edited

Graham Perrin
waynewalter wrote
edit my own posts there I sent through email
Defocus from Nabble, think e-mail. Defocus from e-mail, think snail-mail.

Neither e-mail nor snail-mail is designed for edition after posting.

Rule of thumb: use the draft feature of your e-mail client.

nor anyone else's
That's correct.

Your posts made through Nabble are editable.

If you wish for edition of another poster's posts, ask the other poster to edit.

Regards
Graham