2 questions

Shoe
1. I had a user ask how she tells her browser that she would like to stay logged in to our nabble forum/for it to remember her password and username.  This apprears to be the default for all the other users I support.  What do i need to tell her to do to remain logged in each time she visits the site.

2. I had another user get a difficult to use error message that said to contact nabble.  her problem is as follows

Ok, when I go to post a comment, I get this message.

Oops... An error has occurred
Please contact Nabble Support and explain what you did to cause this error. Your feedback is very important to us.
More Details
Error 500

url=http://n2.nabble.com/forum/NewNode.jtp  user-agent=Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) referer=http://n2.nabble.com/forum/NewNode.jtp?tpl=reply&node=4753915

RequestURI=/forum/NewNode.jtp
Caused by:

fschmidt.util.servlet.JtpContextServlet$JtpRuntimeException: url=http://n2.nabble.com/forum/NewNode.jtp  user-agent=Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) referer=http://n2.nabble.com/forum/NewNode.jtp?tpl=reply&node=4753915
        at fschmidt.util.servlet.JtpContextServlet.handleException(JtpContextServlet.java:672)
        at fschmidt.util.servlet.JtpContextServlet.getAuthorizationKey(JtpContextServlet.java:604)
        at fschmidt.util.servlet.JtpContextServlet.service2(JtpContextServlet.java:513)
        at fschmidt.util.servlet.JtpContextServlet.service(JtpContextServlet.java:326)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:511)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1166)
        at org.mortbay.servlet.UserAgentFilter.doFilter(UserAgentFilter.java:81)
        at fschmidt.util.servlet.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter.java:137)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
        at cachingfilter.CachingFilter.doFilter(CachingFilter.java:134)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
        at fschmidt.util.servlet.BadBotFilter.doFilter(BadBotFilter.java:74)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:388)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:542)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:923)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:547)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:212)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
        at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:409)
        at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:582)
Caused by: java.lang.NumberFormatException: null
        at java.lang.Long.parseLong(Long.java:372)
        at java.lang.Long.parseLong(Long.java:461)
        at nabble.view.lib.Jtp.parseLong(Jtp.java:725)
        at nabble.view.lib.Jtp.getLong(Jtp.java:718)
        at nabble.view.web.forum.NodeEditor.getAuthorizationKey(NodeEditor.java:36)
        at fschmidt.util.servlet.JtpContextServlet.getAuthorizationKey(JtpContextServlet.java:602)
        ... 26 more

Powered by Nabble

If I hit the back arrow and try again it usually works fine.
I don't know the meaning of the word "surrender". I mean, I know it, I'm not dumb... just not in this context.
-The Tick

Re: 2 questions

Hugo <Nabble>
Shoe wrote
1. I had a user ask how she tells her browser that she would like to stay logged in to our nabble forum/for it to remember her password and username.  This apprears to be the default for all the other users I support.  What do i need to tell her to do to remain logged in each time she visits the site.
The browser of this user is probably configured to delete cookies when it shuts down. Please tell her not to delete Nabble cookies because this is how the login information is stored.
Shoe wrote
2. I had another user get a difficult to use error message that said to contact nabble.  her problem is as follows...
I don't know how to reproduce this problem. It would be great if this user can give us a detailed explanation on how to cause this error.

Re: 2 questions

Shoe
The second issue is happening intermittantly when she replies to a post,here is here description:

...it's just happening randomly when I'm posting on the forum, maybe once every 3rd or 4th time. I type in my post and click 'post message' and get that response. If I hit the 'back' button and hit 'post message' again, it works fine.

I don't know the meaning of the word "surrender". I mean, I know it, I'm not dumb... just not in this context.
-The Tick

Re: 2 questions

Hugo <Nabble>
We fixed some bugs today and this might have solved the problem. Please check with the user if this error still happens. Thanks for reporting this issue.

Re: 2 questions

Shoe
Our nabble hosted imbeded forum is so slow it is impossible to use, as is nabble's help forum.  I have heard this issue from several users with different browsers/versions and on different days before and after machine restarts.  Is nabble experiencing any difficulties.  Our site is taking major hits to its traffic due to this issue.  Please help ASAP.  Our Image gallery which is also nabble is functioning perfectly.

Thanks,

Andrew E Lee
System Admin
www.snobbywalrus.com
I don't know the meaning of the word "surrender". I mean, I know it, I'm not dumb... just not in this context.
-The Tick

Re: 2 questions

Planet Jackson
I am having the same issue with slowness to load the forum when switching from topic to topic, even when hitting the refresh button, my users are experiencing this problem.  The forum will work fine for a few minutes, then slow to the speed of molasses and cool lava.
Site Administrator Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: 2 questions

Hugo <Nabble>
We released several fixes today that addresses the performance issue. Please let me know if you still experience problems.